LIT 1 - Ages 15-16 ($499*)
Campers aged 15 to 16 will attend this session; focusing on spiritual growth and maturity, cabin leading skills, growing in loving, serving and finding the unique story that Jesus has given them to share.
LIT 2 - Ages 17-19 ($499*)
LIT Sample Schedule
- 8:00 am Wake Up
- 8:30 am Breakfast/Clean-up
- 9:30 am – 12:00 pm Scripture Study
- 12:00 pm – 12:30 pm Free Time
- 12:30 pm Lunch/Clean-up
- 1:15 pm – 2:30 pm Seminar/Leadership Training
- 2:30 pm Snack
- 3:00 pm – 5:30 pm Out-Trip Leadership Skills***
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm Free Time
- 6:00 pm Supper/Clean-up
- 7:30 pm – 8:45 pm Small Group Time
- 8:45 pm Snack
- 9:00 pm – 10:00 pm Evening Gathering
- 10:30 pm Cabin Time
- 11:00 pm Lights Out
Schedules provided are samples only. Schedules are weather dependent and may be adjusted due to changing weather conditions or due to other camp needs as they arise.
Leaders in Training 1
- Day 5: Following breakfast, LIT 1 campers depart on a 3 day/2 night Out-Trip on the land.
- Days 5-7: LIT 1s will be on their Out-Trip, returning to camp mid-afternoon of Day 7
- Days 7-9: Remainder of time at Pioneer Lodge.
***During Out-Trip Leadership Skills: LIT 1 campers will be learning camping skills and building capacity for outdoor leadership. Skills will include: camp cooking, camp set up, leading outdoor activities, debriefing outdoors, and more! These skills will provide the building blocks for the leadership skills and actions developed in LIT 2.
Leaders In Training 2
- Day 4: Following breakfast, LIT 2 campers depart on their multi-night Out-Trip.
- Days 4-7: LIT 2s will be on their Out-Trip, returning to camp mid-afternoon of Day 7.
- Days 7-9: Remainder of time at Pioneer Ranch.
***During Out-Trip Leadership Skills: LIT 2 campers will be learning from instructors and each other the necessary practical and group management skills necessary to lead a successful out-trip. This includes everything from making a fire and pitching a tent, to learning how to recognize and assist with emotional or physical problems campers may be having.
- 15-19 year olds who have an active and growing faith.
- Someone open to having their views of leadership and service challenged.
- Someone who desires to be a person of influence, not only in official camp capacities but also in everyday life.
We prefer all applicants to have applied by May 15th at the latest. This allows adequate time for your references to respond and for Directors to schedule interviews prior to the start of the LIT camp session.
Registration for LIT closes on June 15th, 2022.
If you wish to apply for LIT following this date, please call the Office (403-638-2660).
Once your application has been received, reference forms will be electronically sent by the Camp Office to the reference names provided. Please ensure that their contact information is correct.
The online application is only the first step in the process, so your place is not reserved.
You must complete the online application, ensuring that you have provided correct contact information for your references. Once both your application AND references have been received, an interview will be scheduled with the LIT Director.