CHALLENGING! EXCITING! FUN!
Pioneer’s Retreat & Outdoor Education Centre is a premier facility with two distinct sites!
Located on over 2,000 acres in the beautiful wilds of Alberta, Pioneer Camp Lodge (16 km SW of Sundre) overlooks the Red Deer River valley and the Rockies. Pioneer Camp Ranch is nestled against the peaceful shore of Crimson Lake (15 km north of Rocky Mountain House).
Activities for your Group
We offer a wide range of fun and challenging activities for every season. Schedules are flexible to accommodate your plans and we are available to assist you before your arrival. Pioneer Camp adheres to the safety standards set by the Alberta Camping Association and Christian Camping International. All our year-round staff have current first aid training with at least a standard level.
Activities that We Offer
- Axe Throwing (Pioneer Ranch, Rocky Mountain House site only)
- Bouldering Wall (Pioneer Ranch, Rocky Mountain House site only)
- Canoeing (Pioneer Lodge, Sundre site, May & June only)
- Canoeing (Pioneer Ranch, Rocky Mountain House site, May & June only)
- Climbing Wall
- Evening Program
- Games Equipment
- Horse Care
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides (winter)
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides (seasonal)
- Horseback Riding
- Indoor Games
- Initiative Task Course
- Mounted Archery
- Outdoor Camping Skills
- Pony Rides
- Skating (winter)
- Sledding (winter)
- Snowshoeing (winter)
- Swimming: Lake (Pioneer Ranch, Rocky Mountain House site, seasonal)
- Team Building Program
- Wide Games