Women of the Word Retreat
Jan 31 - Feb 2 | Pioneer Lodge
- Join us for a break from everyday life at Women of the Word. Discover for yourself how you are “a treasure in an earthen vessel” through the inductive method of looking at Scripture. Become part of a community of women who want to experience a deeper walk with God through hearing His voice in His Word (the Bible).
- Theme: “This Treasure in Earthen Vessels” (1st in the “Women of the Word” series)
- Weekend Includes: Joining us for great food (Yes! No cooking and no cleanup!), discovering how to apply the inductive method of Scripture study to God’s Word and reflecting on what He is saying to you personally, meaningful conversations with other women, the opportunity to be in the great outdoors on foot or on the back of a horse, tons of laughter as we go through the weekend together; a space to contemplate and enjoy mountain views or sit in front of a fire and enjoy a latte; a time of relaxation and self-discovery with opportunities to be in community with other women. We look forward to you joining us on the journey.
Beth came to know the Lord as a girl at Ontario Pioneer Camps in Muskoka, where she first learned to love the Word of God. She has been teaching inductive Bible Studies for over 40 years, and has loved seeing many people become engaged in knowing the Lord through His Word. Currently, Beth shares in the sermon ministry at her church as well as teaching 2 weekly inductive study groups in the book of Romans. She is also one of 8 Canadian trainers for Precept Ministries in Canada, training Canadians in the inductive method of studying the Bible.
Beth has been involved in numerous Christian organizations including: Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship, Pioneer Camps, past board member and conference speaker for Christian Camping International, current board member for Precept Ministries International, and leads the teaching ministry in her home church, Millarville Community Church.
On the creative side, Beth is an avid quilter with a healthy balance of both finished and unfinished quilts in her home. She is also an accountant, which can be creative at times too!
- Pioneer Lodge, Sundre
- January 31 – February 2
- 7:00 pm Friday – 12:00 pm Sunday
- Cost: $200 (+GST)
- Registration Closes: Monday, January 27
- Get Directions Here
- What to Bring
Women of the Word Cancellation Policy: Cancellations will forfeit the $50/person non-refundable deposit processed at the time of registration.
- 7:00 pm: Arrive & Settle In
- Sign-up for Saturday activity blocks
- 8:00 pm: Session 1
- 8:00 am: Breakfast
- 9:00 am: Session 2
- Small Groups
- 12:30 pm: Lunch
- Free afternoon of activities
- 6:00 pm: Supper
- 7:00 pm: Session 3
- 8:30 pm: Coffee House
- 8:30 am: Continental Breakfast
- 9:00 am: Session 4 & Worship
- 11:00 am: Brunch
- 12:00 pm: Pack Up & Head Home
Activities Include: horseback riding, walking/hiking, mountain views, and lots of free time to relax in front of the fire and enjoy our café.