Fall Family Weekend
October 20 – 22, 2023
Pioneer Ranch, Rocky Mountain House
Schedule time away now and join us for an adventure designed for the whole family!! Spend a few days at Pioneer Ranch on the shores of Crimson Lake in a relaxing, natural setting while you spend quality time with family and friends, grow closer to God, share some adventures, enjoy good food and form lasting memories.
Each day is set up to provide a mix of both adult and children’s programming, along with plenty of opportunities to spend quality time together enjoying our fantastic Family Weekend activities. The weekend program is all inclusive, meaning that all activities, food, and equipment are entirely provided. We serve delicious meals, provide comfortable family style accommodation, and take care of all the programming so you can concentrate on time together.
Family Weekends at Pioneer. Schedule time away with your family now!
- Fall Family Weekend at Pioneer Ranch, Rocky Mountain House
- Dates: Friday, October 20 – Sunday, October 22
- Spend 2 nights on the shores of Crimson Lake!
Family Weekend sessions include a Bible study program for all ages, structured and unstructured family times, opportunities to participate in a variety of our regular camp programs – horseback riding, climbing wall, archery, sleigh/wagon rides, family friendly wide games, and campfires.
Ranch Accommodations & Capacities
- Each family will either stay in one of our insulated cabins with power (with access to shared washrooms/running water in the Ranch House) or in our Ranch House Dorm Rooms.
Note: Capacity is 7 Families. Accommodation style may be Cabins or Dorm Rooms depending on size of families. Housing assigned at the discretion of Event Organizers. (Capacity may change without warning.)
- Bible Teaching
- Axe Throwing
- Climbing Wall
- Horseback Riding
- Pony Rides
- Sleigh/Wagon Rides
- Snowshoeing *snow dependent
- X-Country Skiing *snow dependent
2023 Family Weekend Pricing Structure (Prices do not include GST.)
A Friday to Sunday stay at the Ranch starts with a base Accommodation Fee:
- Pioneer Accommodation: $200
Then there is the charge/person:
- Adults (13+): $125
- Child (4-12): $75
- Toddler (0-3): Free
- Location: Pioneer Ranch, Rocky Mountain House
- Date: TBA
- Arrival Time: Friday, 7:00 pm
- First Night:
- 7:00 Arrival/Registration
- 8:00 Welcome Campfire
- 8:30 Snack
- Departure Time: Sunday, 11:00 am
- First Meal: Saturday, breakfast
- Last Meal: Sunday, brunch
- Registration Opens: TBA
- Registration Closes: TBA
- Directions to Pioneer Ranch: Click Here
- Accommodations: 2 nights (Friday & Saturday)
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Supper on Saturday, Brunch on Sunday, and Snacks!
- Fun: Guaranteed!
Below are some of the items you should bring to Family Weekend:
- Warm fall and winter clothes (toques, mitts, ski pants, winter jackets, winter boots, hoodies, sweaters, indoor slippers, warm pajamas, etc.)
- Bedding (sleeping bags, comforters, pillows, etc.)
- Flashlights (outdoor lighting at night is limited)
- Drive all the way into the camp to register at the Ranch House & unload.
- Once unloaded, all cars are to be moved to the parking lot.
- 8:30 am Breakfast & Dishes
- 10:00 am Bible Study Program
- 11:00 am Family Games
- 12:30 pm Lunch & Dishes
- 2:00 pm Activities
- 3:45 pm Snack
- 4:00 pm Activities
- 6:00 pm Supper & Dishes
- 7:00 pm Campfire
- 7:45 pm Snack
For the safety of others and the happiness of your four-footed, two-footed, or no-footed friends, please do not bring any of your pets to camp, but instead make alternate arrangements for them while attending Family Weekend.
- If the camp is required to reduce enrolment in registration for any reason:
- Priority registrations will be given by date of registration; those who have registered first will retain their spot at Family Weekend. Once we have reached our event capacity for participants/staff onsite, a waitlist will be set up and the applicant will be placed on it.
- In the event a camp event is cancelled for any reason, the camp will issue a refund for the value of the fees of the unexpired term.
- If parent/guardian/participant chooses to withdraw their event registration, regular cancellation policies will be in effect.
Event Cancellation Policy
If you choose to cancel more than two weeks prior to the start of the event, you will receive the below refunds:
- Ages 13 and Up: Cancellations will receive a full refund less a $50/person/event administration fee.
- Ages 4-12: Cancellations will receive a full refund less a $25/person/event administration fee.
If a cancellation occurs less than two weeks prior to the start of the event, there will be NO REFUND except for medical reasons confirmed by a note from a doctor. In that case, you will receive a full refund less the administration fee. No refund will be made for dismissals due to disciplinary action, late arrivals, or early departures.
If a participant is unwell while at camp and it is determined that withdrawal from the event is required, the camp will credit the family the value of fees for the unexpired term. Depending on availability, the family can use their credit to rebook the participant in an alternate current session when they are back to full health.
If this is not possible, the camp will issue a refund for the value of the unexpired term or credit the family for a future event or camp session.
InterVarsity’s Pioneer Camp Alberta cannot guarantee to be a nut/peanut free environment. We do seek to reduce the risk of exposure and therefore do not use or serve peanuts, peanut products, or tree nuts on camp property. Nuts or products containing nuts will not be available in our Tuck Shop(s). However, the food we purchase may contain traces of nut products. Please do not bring any food items with you to camp that contain nut products (this includes chocolate bars, granola bars, etc.). Any items containing nut products will be removed from the camp.